Sure, anyone can have amazing skills, best in the world in fact. But what do you need to really knock it out of the ballpark? It’s all up there, in your head. It’s your attitude, your determination, your mind-set that really sets you apart from the rest. And at Seattle Promotional Management, it’s the first thing we look for when hiring new team members.
According to Chris, Seattle Promotional Management’s President, “Anyone can have a skill set. However, you need to have the right mind-set to excel at the job.” Chris follows the wisdom of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who once said, “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.”
So how exactly do we define a skill set compared to a mind-set? Let’s take a quick look at the differences.
Skill sets are what you are able to do based on your strengths and talents. For example, you might be great at woodworking or downhill skiing or cooking. These are skills that we visibly see. They are also the types of things we might learn in a classroom setting and perfect through practice. Skills are our aptitudes, what we’re capable of doing.
Mind-sets are a little different. Unlike physically being able to do something, a mind-set is what inspires us to get the job done, no matter what, no matter how. When we’re in a positive frame of mind, we’re enthusiastic and deliver more. We perform at our peak. We BELIEVE we can, even when the odds are stacked against us.
So the question we ask is: can you do it and do you believe you can? This is what separates the best performers from those who phone it in.
Learn more about how we’re adding oomph to our talent. Like Seattle Promotional Management on Facebook to see how we can do whatever we put our minds to.
- Why Daniel Rocks His Role
- The Difference Between Skill Sets and Mind-Sets
- Kevinn: Our Newest Campaign Manager
- We’re Rapidly Building Our Team
- We Create Success Through Superior Performance
- Our Unique Attributes Set Us Above the Crowd
- Four Big Promotions to Celebrate!
- What a Seminal Business Book Means to Us
- PRESS RELEASE: Seattle Promotional Management Nurtures Talent With Coaching
- Comments on Our Recent Weekend of Learning in Dallas